Thursday, December 28, 2006

Our Hero with Honeycakes

Though with age he grew frail, his arms always held welcome
even for the child with no sense of tact

His daily rebukes to the lamp-posts and pavements
Made him a warrior to the clumsy girl they'd smacked

His home made meusli, his baked apples for tea
His afternoon naps while us girls watched TV

He taught us to draw, encouraged us to write
He taught me how music could change a life

He was our big friendly giant who was always there
He was a rock for my mum when the world didn't care

Wherever you are now grandpa, I bid you fare well
May our memories keep you warm forever.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't met him sweety, but from what you've told me and having seen the emotion in your eyes when you think of him I can safely say that your grandpa must have been a wonderful man!

 
At Thursday, December 28, 2006, Blogger Vallypee said...

That's so beautiful Jo. I have tears in my eyes. Maybe I'll sneak it on to the end of the Moose tribute as a lovely closing. Really precious, my Jo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home